Write about a challenge you faced and overcame.
Is it possible I have never faced a challenge? I can’t really think of one. All the examples that spring to mind fall under these categories:
- Being out of work and needing a job.
- Forgetting my wallet somewhere, or not having local currency. Weird travel snafus where everything’s closed and I don’t have somewhere to stay, or nowhere takes cards and I don’t have cash.
- Figuring out some complex adult process.
- Getting kicked out of (or priced out of) my apartment unexpectedly for various reasons.
- Having to perform under various unenviable conditions (like losing my voice or busting my knee or something).
- Having to go about daily life without the use of my non-dominant hand for a few months.
- Annoyances, like being ghosted by a moving company day-of or realizing my one appropriate dress doesn’t fit anymore ten minutes before an event.
All these things seem so distant now from relatively stable middle-age, and anyway, they weren’t especially high stakes or interesting.
I feel like a “challenge” would be like, a mathematical proof I couldn’t crack, or developing a vaccine under pressure, or growing up in poverty.
I think I’m not important enough to have challenges.